Tuesday, May 22, 2012

INTERVIEW WITH AUTHOR JA'AE

                                                               JA'AE








Ja’ae emerged from an eclectic and morally
strong background to become one of the most
sought after new urban suspense Authors in
the game. As an Urban Suspense Author, she
captivates her readers’ attention and takes
them on a roller coaster ride of emotions. She
paints a vivid image of each character and
leaves her readers eagerly anticipating the next
page.
Currently residing in NYC, Ja’ae is the CEO
of ESW Enterprises, a Publishing & premiere
Corporate Multi-Media Company. She is
also the founder & Director of The New York
Foundation for Abused Girls. A non-profit
organization that provides assistance to the
teenage victims of Sexual Trafficking. She is a

Motivational Speaker as well an an advocate for
the Empowerment of Women.
She received her education in London, UK. She
enjoys cooking, baking, traveling and spending
time with family in her free time.
Be on the lookout for Ja’ae, one of the hottest
new Urban Suspense sensations in the game!













3375 So, tell us a little bit about your background. Where are you
from?






JA'AE Hello 3375 Magazine! I am Author Ja’ae Quancei. I currently reside in NYC by way of London UK. I am the CEO of ESW Enterprises, a premier Corporate Multi-Media & Publishing Company based in Manhattan. I am also the Founder of the New York Foundation for Abused Girls. A foundation providing support and assistance ito the teenage victims of sexual abuse,






3375 When and why did you begin writing?






JA'AE I began writing poetry at the age of 11. At first it was just a hobby, however by age 14 my friends were paying me to write poems and desiign cards for them! I was making money and a lot of it for a teenager! LOL By the time I was 18 I began perfecting my craft and writing had become a form of release. By my mid 20’s it became a sincere passion! I realized God had Blessed me with a gift and I am humbled and grateful.







3375 What inspired you to write your first book?







JA'AE After years of working with Battered Women and hearing so many horror stories of abuse I gained a deeper understanding about the trials and mental spirals of abused women, The dead look in their eyes and lack of emotion in their voices spoke volumes of Scorned women.







3375 So I have to ask, do you ever experience writer's block? If so,
how do you get through it?







JA'AE Yes actually I have experienced long periods of writer’s block! Ugh!!! It is truly frustrating! One thing about it, you can’t force it. Patience is key and when the evil writer’s block creeps up I simply pray, meditate and wait. Everything is in God’s time.


3375 Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?






JA'AE Writing for me comes natural. The only challenge for me is pacing. My mind is constantly racing and my thoughts reveal themselves with a speed that supersedes the speed of my pen LOL!

3375 So let’s switch gears for a moment. When did you first consider yourself a writer?

JA'AE I first considered myself a writer when I started getting paid for my work. i.e.my poetry, so in actuality I considered myself a poetress plain and simple. Once I ventured off into writing short stories I penned myself a writer.

3375 What book(s) have influenced your life most?

JA'AE The book that has influenced my life most is The Holy Bible. The knowledge, wisdom and understanding I have gained from years of reading and studying the Bible are priceless. It keeps me grounded and focused and constantly reminds me who my Savior is and how much HE loves me. AGAPE love.


3375 What book(s) are you reading now?

JA'AE Currently I am reading a book called Proverbs. It’s a spiritual book that focuses on the lessons in the book of Proverbs from the Holy Bible. It’s quite inspirational and very uplifting. Sometimes I have t take a break from urban literature and become one with my spirit,

3375 Is there someone you consider a mentor?

JA'AE Yes the person I consider a mentor is my Mother! She has always been such an inspiration to both my sister and I. My mother is legally blind, however she runs circles around us all. She never allowed any challenge to halt her progress in life. She faced them head on and exceeded the expectations set forth by society! Not only that the core values and principles she instilled in my sister and I are the same ones she lives by. I love my mom!
3375 What would your ideal career be, if you couldn't be an
author?
JA'AE My ideal career would be a Criminal Defense Attorney as I am passionate about the rights of our minorities sitting in jail with hideous sentences for acts not comparable to those who are killing and raping.

3375 What has surprised you the most about the publishing
industry?

JA'AE What has surprisd me most about the publishing industry is the ease of self-publishing. What seems quite frightening to most is simply an easy process. After a few weeks of research I learned how to self-publish and turn my dreams into my reality.

3375 Do you have any advice for other writers?

JA'AE My advice to other writers is to perfect their craft. WRITE, WRITE, WRITE! Don’t be afraid to pursue your dreams! Don’t just up and quit your day job as you still need revenue to fund your projects. Looking for investors and attempting to convince others is time consuming. Always remember the best investment you can make is in yourself!


3375 How can my reader purchase your books?

JA'AE My books are available for purchase on amazon kindle,
http://www.amazon.com/Im-Betta-Without-Ya-ebook/dp/B007RZMZHW
Also on Bookpatch in hard copy delivered right to your front door
http://www.thebookpatch.com/BookStoreDetails.aspx?BookID=7486&ID=dbb9c3a8-bc3e-4881-a89b-62eec9841865

3375 Can you tell us little about the New York foundation for abused girls?

JA'AE The New York Foundation for Abused Girls is a Foundation that caters to the need of the teenage victims of sexual trafficking. Human trafficking of our children is on the rise. Our children are being pimped out and sold into sexual slavery. My foundation provides assistance to these young women as thry ransition back into society. We will offer self-esteem classes and group therapy this fall
3375 Where can girls call or go if they are in a abusive situation?

JA'AE If any young woman is in an abusive situation they can call
212-227-3000 for sexual assault and 800-342-3720 for child or physical abuse. They will
then receive a referral of a location of safety.




3375 Whats next for Ja'ae?


JA'AE
Next for Ja’ae will be the release of my highly anticipated Erotic Poetry Book “Melted Caramel”. A collection of erotic poetry guaranteed to ignite, erupt and soothe the reader! Release date is July 10, 2012. From there my current release I’m Betta Without Ya… will be filmed as a DVD and sold this fall.



3375 Do you have any shout out?

JA'AE Yes, a big shout out to my fiance Demetrius Williams (DemeGod) Thank
you for all the encouragement and support. Hold ya head my King!

No comments:

Post a Comment